I’m finally joining my first Classics Club spin. In it I trust random chance to provide me with my next reading for the Classics Club. Or, perhaps not my next one, I already have a few I’m reading, but at least a book which I need to read before April 30th 2018. The rules were simple, make a numbered list of twenty books from my Classics Club reading list and on the 9th of March the Classics Club will provide me with the number drawn and thus tell me which of my books I should read.
The books I selected are:
- de Beauvoir, Simone: The Second Sex
- Boye, Karin: Kallocain
- Carter, Angela: Night at the Circus
- Fitzgerald, F. Scott: The Great Gatsby
- Fogelström, Per Anders: Mina drömmars stad (City of My Dreams)
- Ibsen, Henrik: Peer Gynt
- Lie, Jonas: Fortellinger i utvalg (Selected stories)
- Linna, Väinö: Okänd soldat (The Unknown Soldier)
- Mansfield, Katherine: Short story collection
- Moberg, Vilhelm: Din stund på jorden (A Time on Earth)
- Morrison, Toni: Beloved
- Plath, Sylvia: Ariel
- Rhys, Jean: Wide Sargasso Sea
- Rushdie, Salman: Midnight’s Children
- Scott, Robert Falcon: Scott’s last expedition
- Sturlasson, Snorre: Heimskringla
- Tikkanen, Märta: Arnaía kastad i havet
- Tolstoy, Leo: Anna Karenina
- Undset, Sigrid: Kransen (The Wreath, Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy, part one)
- Walker, Alice: The Color Purple
To make it easy for myself most of the books I selected I already own. A few of them I’m really longing to read (2, 3, 17) whereas others I fear would be heavier reads (8, 19). One of them, Heimskringla at number 16, I dread.
Wish me luck!
Edit 17.03.2018: And the lucky number is 3! It looks like the well-wishes worked, I’m really eager to read Angela Carter’s Night at the Circus!