Nine months of the year has passed and it is time to lock back at my reading so far. Overall I had a really good reading spring, but since then my reading has slowed down to about one book a week for May-September, and I fear that I have spent much more time on youtube than I have with my books lately. However, thanks to all the reading I did in the spring my total statistics still looks rather fine, with 74 books read by authors from 22 countries.
Reading highlights April-September
- We are not afraid by Gila Lustiger (published by Notting Hill Editions)
- A wilder time by William E. Glassley (another excellent non-fiction from Bellevue Literary Press)
- Var vid gott mod by Annika Persson (biography over the textile artist Märtha Måås Fjetterström)
- The brothers Lionheart (reread)
Reading right now
- Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
- The book of dust by Philip Pullman
- Leap frog & other stories by Guillermo Rosales
Writing on this blog has been slow for the past six months, I have published a total of only four blog posts (including this one), since my previous update in early April. Instead I have written a lot for work, finally publishing an article I have been working on on and off for years (rather technical so I won’t add a link). Perhaps now that it is out of the way I will have more time to spare for blogging.